Pet Emergency - Little Critters Veterinary Hospital
Home • Contact • Pet Emergencies
Is it an Emergency?
If your pet has experienced a trauma or needs immediate veterinary care, please go directly to one of the 2 emergency hospitals shown on our emergency page.
To us, any health issue or behavioral change that concerns you about your pet may be an emergency. We do not want any of our clients to feel awkward to call us or come in for something that they are worried may not be a true emergency.
Some pet emergencies are easily recognized. Others are not easily recognized but may be just as life-threatening to your pet. Clinical symptoms may develop slowly with some illnesses or injuries, and it is often difficult to recognize them or judge their severity. Please call us to determine whether your pet needs immediate medical care.
PET EMERGENCIES FOR WHICH YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY SEEK MEDICAL CARE:
- Difficulty breathing
- Bleeding that does not stop from any part of the body
- Bloated, distended, swollen or painful abdomen
- Major trauma – falls, hit-by-cars, large wounds, broken bones
- Lacerations, bite wounds and penetrating wounds anywhere (but especially in the chest or abdomen)
- Collapse/Loss of Consciousness
- Ingestion of poison or foreign material
- Prolonged vomiting or diarrhea
- Seizure activity
- Staggering, stumbling, head-tilted, sudden blindness
- Lameness or non-weight bearing on any limb
- Inflammation, swelling or other irritation to the Eye(s)
- Severe hives or severe itching
- Inability to urinate or defecate
- Inability to deliver puppies or kittens
- Loss of balance or consciousness
- Rapid heartbeat or breathing rate
- Dilated pupils
- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood or violent episodes
- Hit by a car
- Heavy bleeding
- Gaping wounds
- Other conditions easily identified as requiring immediate attention
Join Our Family
Ste101C, 1525 N Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85234
Dr. Jill Patt thanks Shelly Fields, Shelly Field Photography for many of the wonderful photos on this website.
Pet hospital serving the pets of Gilbert and Mesa, AZ
Little Critters Veterinary Hospital
1525 N Gilbert Rd, Ste101C
Veterinarians treating dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, exotic pet veterinarian care in Gilbert, AZ
Veterinary Website Design by Cheshire Partners